music holds the key...|
Sound Connections has placed interns at an area facility to participate in the work of Dan Cohenís Alive Inside/Music and Memory project. The internship involves:
Students are encouraged to make arrangements with an appropriate faculty member if they choose to do the internship for academic credit.
- A commitment of 2 Ė 3 academic quarters to the project,
- Using itunes to manage a music library, and a collection of MP3 players
- Working in the emotionally taxing field of elder care
- Working independently
- 5-10 hours a week working in the elder facility, meeting or researching topics to improve the program
- Arranging transportation to the facility as well as weekly meeting with Sound Connections
- Independent research
There is a wealth of information on the Alive Inside website, but the concept is described in the trailer.
Intern blog posts